[Infographic] The Core Principles of Agile Software Development
In Agile, leaders follow a philosophy that encourages their employees to practice teamwork and accountability. Teams work following a set of best practices that will make way for more efficient and faster delivery of top-notch software that will ultimately meet the company’s goals and, more importantly, the customer’s needs.
Below we've outlined the 12 Core Principles of Agile Software Development.
- Satisfy the client by continually delivering software
- Changes should be embraced however early or late in the project if it ultimately benefits the client
- Working software should be developed in a shorter time span
- Developers and business people should work closely together daily throughout the duration of the entire project
- Interaction and communication between parties are best done face-to-face
- An environment of appreciation, trust, and empowerment should be created so as to build a team of motivated people
- The key measure of progress is a working software
- Sustainable development should be promoted
- Excellence and quality of the software development will be closely and continuously monitored to boost agility
- Simplicity is fundamental in effective agile management
- The best output, architecture, and design can be produced if you have self-organized teams
- style='margin-bottom: 12.0pt;'>Teams should regularly reflect on their work to analyze and adapt to changes that will make the process more efficient.
Looking to go Agile with your company? At April9 we have teams of industry experts that will help make your transition to Agile Methodologies as seamless as possible. Get in touch to schedule your digital consultation today.